Health Class Options

HBUHSD Health Class Options

Eligible Schools


For students with impacted schedules, Health may be taken over the summer through these approved schools:


- Pacific Coast High School (714) 245‐6500 

FREE on-line program through The Orange County Department of Education (OCDE).  Summer session from July 1 through August 12. The deadline to register is 3pm, May 20th, although classes could fill up earlier.


  1. Complete 7 page Enrollment packet at: 
  2. Attach completed Request for External Course Credit form.
  3. Attach copy of current transcript. (8th grade students only)
  4. Parent & student must sign all forms.
  5. Turn in completed Packet to the HBUHSD District office: 5832 Bolsa Ave, HB. Wednesday, Thursdays, and Fridays 8am-12pm.  The last day to drop off packets is May 20th. HBUHSD will submit forms to PCHS.
  6. Student will receive a confirmation email from PCHS. 



- Brigham Young University (BYU) Independent Study  (800) 914‐8931 

Online Course.  Contact BYU for current fees. Final exam must be proctored by a certified BYU proctor.  


  1. Complete Request for External Course Credit form and email form to your students Guidance Specialist.
  2. Enroll in Health 041 Health Education at



- Pacific View Charter School (760) 757‐0161 

FREE on-line courses.  Pacific View Charter School is located in Oceanside and Moreno Valley. 


  1. Complete Request for External Course Credit form and email form to your students Guidance Specialist.
  2. Enroll on their website
  3. A parent/student orientation is required in person, with one additional in‐person meeting during the 3 week course. 



- GWC Credit Program

Golden West College – This course earns both high school and college credit and is an in person, direct instruction class.  Designed to provide students with the knowledge to lead a healthy life. Areas covered include wellness, emotional health, stress management, aging, physical well-being, nutrition and weight control, drugs, reproduction and parenting, prevention of diseases and consumer health. Recommended for current HBHS students*

*An incoming 9th grade student can take the dual enrollment class for health as long as the student:
-will enroll at a HBUHSD high school in 2020-2021
-can handle an online college class; student should be passing all middle school classes
-understands that taking a DE class starts a student's college transcript, which may need to be reported on future applications for college admissions. 

- Huntington Beach Adult School (the following option is available to CURRENT HBHS students only (Incoming Freshman are not eligible)

Coast High School campus - 17231 Gothard St, Huntington Beach

Summer School- M/W or T/Th either 8:00-10:30 or 11:00-1:30.   

During School Year - M/W or T/Th - 3 pm - 6 pm

This course will have an online component as well as direct instruction with a teacher. 

Register HERE